Thursday, October 18, 2007

Public Assistance Outreach

September was Amazing!

September was very busy doing outreaches at many of the schools in Lubbock. At Matthews Learning Center alone I was able to help many of the students with Medicaid and Foodstamps. We collected over 20 applications alone at that school.
Along with Matthews and Lubbock ISD, I continue to receive a lot of help and support from St. Johns/St Paul’s Churches. It is always amazing to go every Tuesday afternoon, and see all the wonderful people that work the voucher program. They have opened their arms and their hearts to not only me but also to the many, many people they help. It has truly been a blessing being part of such a wonderful program there.

In September we also received news that the Social Services Grant had been renewed so I look for to the next year being able to reach even more people that are in need of assistance! And try to do my part in trying to feed the Hungry.

I you would like more information on this outreach program please feel free to contact me at 806-763-3003 or email me at drudd@spfb.org.

No comments: