Monday, August 03, 2009

Grateful

As summer starts to wind down, I think of all the vacations many families enjoyed this summer. I am sure that some families skipped vacation this year because of the recession. Yet, I can't help but think of the families who have sacrificed food this summer because of the recession. When my thoughts head in that direction, I find myself grateful. Grateful that I have a job and I don't have to go hungry. Grateful that we live in a country where we are able to help one another out. I'm grateful for you and for your continued support of the South Plains Food Bank. Finally, I'm grateful for the hearts of the staff members I get to work with everyday at the SPFB.

To be in a staff meeting where people are brought tears because of hard times that have hit a family in this community is not only humbling but refreshing. We may not agree on everything (who does) but we agree on one thing: that sometimes people need a helping hand. Who hasn't needed help at one point in time or another? Again, thank you for your continued support.

No comments: