Monday, March 20, 2006

Spring 06 Tour de Tech Terrace

Jenifer Smith came in the office this morning asking if I had ever heard of the Tour de Tech Terrace. I hadn't. But we looked up their web site at http://www.tourdetechterrace.com/. It sounds like a great way have fun, exercise, tour the Tech Terrace Neighborhood, and... raise food for the South Plains Food Bank!

This sounds like something Bo Soderbergh at the Tarrant Area Food Bank in Fort Worth would enjoy.

Read about the history of the event. I like the way this event first came together. Their plan reminds me of a quote from Herb Kelleher, founder,Southwest Airlines "We have a 'strategic' plan. It’s called doing things.”

Mark your calendar for April 1, no fooling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David is right, I love to bicycle. Not certain that the original concept was all that safe but it has evolved into a fantastic idea!

I'll have to share this with all my friends at TCU as well as Texas Wesleyan.

I always thought that Lubbock was a cool place. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

hey david, we raised a whole truckbed full of canned food for the food bank. thanks for all of the support!