Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Always be thankful.

I received an email this morning about the City Bank Community Rewards campaign. In the email the gentleman was thanking me for the reminders and talking about the site. At the close of the email he stated, ". . . and always be thankful." I can tell you all my life I have appreciated things and people, but nothing compares to the thanks I have had in my heart these past few years. Since my difficult pregnancy and the birth of my son, 20 month ago, I have been so grateful to my freinds, family, and even total strangers who have stood by us along the way. But the day I received my first voucher and food box from the South Plains Food Bank was one of the most thankful days of my life. To know that my family was going to be fed was a relief. I had no idea that day that I would get the honor of joining those amazing staff members and volunteers I met that day. I did not know that day that I was going to get to work along side the retail partners and financial donors that made that food box - that hope - available for my family. I did not know, but I will always be thankful for the South Plains Fod Bank.

1 comment:

Mike's Blog said...

Nice post. I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and holiday season.