Thursday, November 05, 2009

"Giving Hope..."

Was the title across from my name on the program of today's event. Having completed the luncheon and sitting back in my office at the Food Bank, I am awed by the grace and beauty of the audience. I was not a very eloquent speaker. My voice shook and I rambled. I didn't say much of what I had practiced. I tried to fight back tears, but they came anyway. I think I was able to communicate the hope the Food Bank gives to my son and I every time we get our food box. I had prepared to talk about that hope. But what I was not prepared for was the hope people at the luncheon gave me. So many remained afterward to offer kind words, hugs, and the promise of prayers. To all of you who broke bread with us today - thank you. Thank you for being such a blessing - for giving hope.

No comments: