Thursday, December 17, 2009

Special Guest

We are having Christmas dinner at my house this year ~ a first. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my place, another first, and it went pretty well. For those of you just tuning in . . . I am not the greatest cook! Which is to say that my housemate does most of the cooking; I do the chopping! But back to Christmas dinner. So we are going to set the table all fancy and use these cloth napkins my housemate got as a house warming gift last year. Between my mother and my housemate ~ everything will be beautiful. And I'm excited, but I have a secret! Shhhh, it's just between us. I have a special guest coming to dinner. Hunger. Yes you read it correctly ~ hunger. I am going to have a beautiful place set and have it left empty throughout the meal. I want to remind those present that many of our neighbors across the South Plains are struggling with hunger. While it is not the most pleasant topic ~ it is a truth we need to face. One in four adults on the South Plains is food insecure and one in five children are as well. Please join me this holiday season and invite Hunger to your table. Who knows how Hunger might season your dinner conversation!

No comments: