Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Still Excited

I ventured out here to the U Can Share Food Drive at the crack of dark Monday morning. I was filled with all the excitement and anticipation of a toddler at Christmas. The first day was full of awe and wonder as I had no idea what all to expect! Although the day was bitter cold, the smiles of the children and volunteers warmed me up quick. Everyone has the best attitude and just continues to work through all the elements that blew across 82nd and Frankford today! Ice, hail, rain, dust storm, and cold have not kept people from coming out and pitching in wherever help has been needed. It is almost the end of day two and still I am excited to be part of something so big and exciting. Skip, we have come a long way in 27 years! Thanks for getting us started. And thanks to all of those who have joined us along the way!

No comments: