Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Family

I had dinner last night with David Weaver, our CEO, and some other gentlemen from an organization that is well affiliated with the food banking world. As dinner progressed and we started talking shop, I was interested to hear their take on our food bank. Being from California and having seen food banks much larger than ours it was interesting to hear their take on the South Plains Food Bank. Since I have only been part of the food bank world for about three weeks, I didn't know that many food banks deal with agencies only and really have no direct contact with clients. While we work with agencies, I think we all like getting to know our clients. We get to meet their kids, hear stories about their grandchildren, and keep up with the latest developments in their lives. David said it best last night, "At our food bank, every one is family."

No comments: