Friday, October 16, 2009

Mystery Solved

So you have asked yourself, "What does the Food Bank do?" And, "What is a food box?" Well, I learned all of that and more from yesterday's lunch tour. I have lived here pretty much my entire life. I have given can goods during U Can Share. But I didn't know much about the Food Bank. I knew they helped hungery people, but that was all I could tell someone about the Food Bank. It was kind of a mystery to me. I didn't know where it was located, how people got the food, or anything about the clients the Food Bank served. Well, now the mystery is solved. The tour yesterday was so informative, the food was excellent, and the stories from the staff and volunteers were touching. I realized that every can I had donated really did make a difference. I shed a few tears during some of the stories and was moved that I work with people who care so deeply about meeting the needs of the hungry. I work with individuals who truly want no one to go to bed tonight hungry and hope everyone has plenty to eat this weekend. The South Plains Food Bank is no longer a mystery. So hey, mark it on your calendars, Nov. 19th at noon. Call Karen at 763-3003 to RSVP. I'll save you a place!

Pictured above are Carmyn Morrow, left, and Carolyn Ater, middle, with Jenifer Smith. Jenifer is the SPFB's Farm, Orchard, and G.R.U.B. Division Director. She shows off our 'catch of the day!'

Posted by Picasa

No comments: